Fragrant rice made with creamy coconut milk. Bright cilantro. Flavorful edamame. Crunchy roasted cashews. This is the ultimate in healthier comfort food. I found this so easy, quick, and delicious that I will definitely be making it again and again. If you have a rice maker, by all means use it! If you don’t and you make the rice on the stove top, use the adjustments I’ve listed below.
Jasmine Coconut Rice with Edamame and Roasted Cashews
1 1/2 cups shelled fresh or frozen edamame
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped roasted cashews
If using a rice maker: 1 (14oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
If making rice on stove top: 2 (14oz) cans unsweetened coconut milk + 1 cup water
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the edamame and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Rice maker directions: Add rice and coconut milk to rice maker. Cook per your rice maker’s manufacturer’s directions.
- Stove top rice directions: In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, and water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, add salt to taste, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked edamame, cover, and remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the cilantro and cashews.